The growing awareness of celiac disease over the past few years has led to a number of people removing gluten from their diets. Luckily, a number of downtown Cranford’s dining spots offer gluten-free options, meaning you can stay local and still enjoy a delicious meal right in town.
- Walaa Elsawi, owner and chef of Tablespoon Cafe, has a number of gluten-free options available on the menu at his renowned French American restaurant.
- Il Giardino offers quite a few gluten-free entrees, including personal pizzas, and can also sub in gluten-free pasta in dishes such as baked ziti, penne with vodka sauce, grilled chicken with broccoli or spinach, grilled shrimp, and shrimp scampi with penne.
- Not only is the entire menu at Fresh Press Juice Co. gluten-free, but all of its items are also vegan.
- Thirsty Turtle has an entire gluten-free menu for customers to choose from. The dishes include guacamole, buffalo wings, burgers, salads, and more.
- While the main focus at Breadsmith may be its bread and pastries, the bakery also has gluten-free pound cakes and cookies for customers to enjoy.
- Sub-Ology has a gluten-free menu for customers to order from, and the sub shop can also make any of its subs, salads or wraps on gluten-free wraps.
- Lidia’s Cuban Kitchen has a large variety of gluten-free dishes available, including Cuban nachos, pork wings, ropa vieja, paella, and salmon. You can view their entire gluten-free menu here.
- Perrotti’s offers numerous items that people with a gluten allergy can enjoy. In addition to the butcher shop offerings (including beef, chicken, pork, veal, and lamb), Perrotti’s also has prepared options including chicken breast, Italian sausage peppers and onions, stuffed cabbage, pulled pork, beef stew, chili, soup, salads, and side dishes like mashed potatoes, roasted brussels sprouts, and sautéed spinach and broccoli rabe.
- Many of Jungle Juice’s products are gluten-free, as the majority of their menu items are based around fruits and vegetables. Some of their most popular gluten-free products include the fruit smoothies Pineapple Paradise and Mango Tropic, premium fruit smoothies Mango Madness and Strawberry Banana, and the PB Blaster milkshake.
- Another sweet option is Edible Arrangements, where all of their products including fresh fruit arrangements, chocolate dipped fruit, smoothies, parfaits, fruit salads, and truffles are gluten-free.
- Vinny’s Pizza & Pasta has a section of their menu devoted to gluten-free options. Customers can choose from pizza, pasta dishes, chicken or veal parmigiana and shrimp fra’diavolo.
- Pairings makes it easy for gluten-free customers, by indicating on its menu which items can be prepared without gluten. Seasonal offerings include gazpacho,
halibut, salmon, and strip steak.
- Oui, Cafe Paris does offer gluten-free crepes on their menu!
Whatever your dietary restrictions or preferences, you’ll find something to love downtown!